Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Twitter Power

Since I changed my line plan from Flex to Fully loaded, I had so many Blackberry service and billing issues. It took a whole 6 months to finally get Globe to fix the issue.

The Blackberry I cannot live without








After SEVERAL monthly trips to Globe centers and calling (and waiting on hold) for a customer rep to assist me, I lost hope.

First issue: I was supposed to get a FREE unlimited blackberry supersurf max with my plan but was getting billed 1,200 for a regular supersurf on top of the freebie

Second issue: I was being overcharged with my monthly subscription despite the fact that I have never maxed out my consumable plan ever



So there I was, thinking how I can really get Globe to fix it and I was then tweeting it out when their twitter account offered assistance @Talk2globe

After giving my details and a few DMs later

Voila!

I had a case resolution. The next day, they turned-off my "billed" BB service and the following day, the free service was online.

Then they gave me another case number for the billing reversal.

A few sleeps later, while still waiting for the reversal, I woke up on a supposedly good Saturday morning to find that my line was cut!

So I called the customer hotline and I advised them to activate my line because I had a pending request for reversal and the charges are not supposed to be tagged as delinquent!

I later on decided I would go to Shangri-La mall and ask help from their center because I didn't want to leave the issue unresolved.

When It was my turn, a friendly Bryan assisted me. I gave him the background and he politely said, "Ma'am, you won't leave this center without having your issue resolved." I was like (inner thoughts) Wow, this dude seems very confident, I just really hope he knows what he's doing unlike the other rep in one of the centers I went to.

The thing is, I really refused to pay the last 2 bills with a ballooned bill of 3 to 4 x my max cap. Imagine getting a bill worth 3-4 months and you don't even get to max out your plan.

After computing, checking and printing out, Bryan explained everything to me that indeed, the previous rep/s who assisted me, instructed me incorrectly when they asked me to turn-on my BB via SMS.

TIP: Don't do the BB ON send to xxxx (forgot the number) even if the phone rep tells you to if you are supposed to get the service free with your plan, otherwise, a regular charge of 1,200 a month will be added to your bill.

So after all the computations, he was kind enough to grant me a special adjustment for all the trouble I went to, literally 6 months of spending for gas, waiting on hold for 30-40 minutes, waiting in line for HOURS, etc.

I paid what was due and my line was activated in less than 30 minutes including the BB Service!

So a warm and VERY THANKFUL shoutout to:

Bryan of Globe Wireless Center Shangri-La mall

and to Joan (got your name from Bryan) and her team on Twitter.

ALL CUSTOMER REPS should be like you guys: Courteous, very knowledgeable and efficient.

Again, thank you. I will be a Globe subscriber FOREVER because of guys and gals like you. :)

5 comments :

  1. My husband (and it seems like many others) is have similar issues. Last two bills increased 500%. They claim he has done 21-25 days of 24/7 data. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's not just me then? Hopefully my next bill is regular already or I'll really freak out again. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A powerful and perilous blizzard has immobilized much of southern Wisconsin, and Wisconsinites have spent much of Wednesday digging out from the massive storm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. : Cable subscribers flee, but is Internet to blame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. really refused to pay the last 2 bills with a ballooned bill of 3 to 4 x my max cap as Tecno-mobiles phone in pakistan

    ReplyDelete