Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Little happiness

My Little boy turning 8 months on the 5th!

Moms like me tend to get excited in buying toys and other baby items then end up seeing the piles of toy clutter and other unused items.




When you go to a toy store, there are so many unique toys and gizmos, you don't know what to get. You end up getting the "newest" or the more pricey ones because usually, there's "nothing expensive when it comes to our kids!".

All that changed when I had my second child. Unlike his sister who is so prim and proper and enjoys going through boxes and boxes of toys each year, he surprisingly wants only the simplest of stuff.

He got Vtech toys and other toys last Christmas but he never really played with those.

He was more interested in the following things:

1. Paper
2. Plastic
3. Boxes

He was more into the Christmas wrappers than what's inside!

So I held off on buying fancy toys for now and really looked for the basic stuff that also serve as really good educational tools.

Stacking blocks Php100 on SALE at Toy Kingdom

He really likes my little boxes at home that use to be packaging for special accessory orders I made from some clients. But since they're made out of painted paper, I didn't like the fact that he keeps on placing them in his mouth.

As per his pedia, babies learn by placing things in their mouth. So I wanted a safer option.

Got the stacking boxes from Toy Kingdom SM Makati and they were on SALE at Php100 for the entire loot.

He spent more than an hour playing with them. He was so happy!


Even my 4-year-old likes it!
Figures, the little things give so much happiness for kids. I wonder why us adults can't have the same uncomplicated tendency. :)

2 comments :