Sunday, July 11, 2010

From Small to Medium

It's a given, I have to face the fact that I no longer have a 24 inch waist line and that all of my favorite jeans won't fit me anymore.

Seriously, I'm thankful I'm not suffering from postpartum depression and to all the mommies out there, SHOPPING is indeed therapy.

(i want those legs!!! oh and the body too please!)
image from Mango



I've ransacked my closet only to find out that I can no longer fit in A LOT of my corporate and casual clothes and don't even get me started with the formal wear, I've definitely given up on that.

As per my OB, I have to give myself at least 3-6 months to get my figure back thinner (It's almost close to impossible to get your original figure back...well for me at least especially if your hips have expanded).

So it definitely means I can't invest in items that aren't able to cope up with the weight LOSS (or weight gain if I'm unlucky).

WARDROBE STAPLES FOR THE POST PREGGY


I've tried a lot of leggings but Mango definitely makes it to the top of my list. They're made of thick stretchy cotton material and despite the fact that it's meant for taller women, I don't mind scrunching them up (you may also have them altered if you're petite like me).

You can pair them with long tops & almost most footwear from flats to heels as well as boots and even Toms!

Php500+ in black, brown, light gray and ash gray


It won't be a good idea to invest in good jeans just yet so I was so happy and thankful that the people behind SM made Forever 21 come to town because I got myself legging jeans (i don't like calling them jeggings) and they're not the fake type, they're really jeans - the super stretchy kind with a garterized waist band (but does not look like the kind you used to wear when you were a kid - I think you get what I mean).

At around Php600+, it's worth it. PLUS they have apparel starting at Php125! YES. I will make another post for that called My F21 Adventure. hahaha.

And there will definitely be a part 2!


I also got different assorted tops, loose, comfy and will go for casual and corporate looks.

The BF tops at F21 Philippines are around Php800-1200 as I recall.

I got  loose shirts from both F21 and Mango (they were recently on sale for the Mango Sport plain loose cotton tops at Php400+ each in Black, White, Gray and Blue).

So when I get thinner (hoping and praying), I can just place a belt, wear them loose or under a blazer (which I'm still in search for).

Note that if you're a breastfeeding momma, button type tops are best and the easiest to use.

That's all for now but jeez, I've got so many things I want to post, just so little time!

Later!

2 comments :

  1. Hi! I have the same thought about the Mango leggings but I can't find them anymore! I was able to buy 2 black ones but once the sale came out, they are not selling them anymore. Can you tell me where were you able to buy this just recently? My tummy's getting big (8 months pregnant and I need clothes for work that I could still wear after I give birth) Thanks too for the tips about Forever 21. I maybe visiting there soon and get myself some jeggings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry, haven't been checking comments. hehehe. I hope it's not too late. These leggings are a great staple preggy, pre/post or whatnot. I got my first batch in Greenbelt and the other batch in Shangri-La Plaza. If you can't find it in the racks, try asking the counter, usually they have stocks. I haven't been there again but usually the regular items are kept when they're on sale so just ask the reps. :)

    ReplyDelete