Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Crib Hunt

For my first born, my dad bought a dark blue crib/playpen (newborn - 2 years old) from SM department store, 3 years ago. It was somewhere around Php4k.

But it only took a little over 12 months before we knew it couldn't hold our baby and she really did prefer to sleep on a bed. Maybe she also felt too claustrophobic with all the netting around her.

So a few days ago, I scoured the internet for crib types and thought that it might be more practical to get a wooden crib that can be used from newborn to toddler and even up to 7 years old as a child's bed or even as a day bed.

But since it's wood (most of them are cherry wood as per the sales associates), it means investing more than a regular playpen type.

I found the 2 most acceptable crib designs with high consideration to budget at SM Megamall.





Php10,999 for the frame
Php1,499 for the mattress by Uratex
TOTAL: Php12,498 + Crib Bedding Set (more or less around 2-3k) = 15k total investment


Php12,999 for the frame
Php1,499 for the mattress by Uratex
TOTAL: Php14,498 + Crib Bedding Set (more or less around 2-3k) = 17k total investment

Yep, quite pricey but if you think about it, it's practical. Also, our goal is to be able to have the second baby used to sleeping at his own crib / bed. My first born refuses to sleep in another bed and since she's growing and quite all over the place (imagine bruises on my thighs and back..hehe) plus we all can't fit into our queen sized bed. The hubby is already thinking of getting his own cot..haha. We're still living in a condo and it's probably going to take a year before we get to settle into at least a 3 bedroom house in the south. I don't really like to move a lot so we are still looking for better options. So it's also very important that stuff around the house become dual purpose or are not so bulky.

I'm on my 6th month and hopefully I can settle all the stuff before my 7th month ends.

I'm making a list of the layette and the corresponding prices I saw in SM's baby section. Will be posting those soon. :)

I'm quite happy I'm having a boy. Now we'll have a girl and a boy, but what's important is that congenital scan shows the baby's healthy. :)

2 comments :

  1. But it only took a little over 12 months before we knew it couldn't hold our baby and she really did prefer to sleep on a bed. Maybe she also felt too claustrophobic with all the netting around her.
    Real wood Crib |
    Crib made in USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. So a few days ago, I scoured the internet for crib types and thought that it might be more practical to get a wooden crib that can be used from newborn to toddler and even up to 7 years old as a child's bed or even as a day bed.
    Nursery furniture made in the USA |
    Real wood crib

    ReplyDelete