Thursday, February 4, 2010

Urban Survival: The Budget Condo Project

It's my nesting stage.

I need to get rid of all the clutter.

Organize the house before the baby arrives and even before I start getting the baby stuff.

Hubby will be away for 5 months.

Since I'm quite depressed as well that he won't be here when I give birth, my consolation is that I'll get to fix the place without someone nosing around (hehehe) and I can surely do away with the snide remarks (that don't help!)...excuse me, pardon my raging hormones, I do love my hubby but I need my creativity and thriftiness to flow without my complete design opposite.

We met at school, we took up interior design. Our place doesn't look like interior designers live here. I will make sure that will change, whatever it takes!

But I do also believe, you don't need to spend a lot nowadays.

With the age of design consistently evolving, anything goes.

You just need to consider your options carefully and work around what you have and what you (really) need.

So in the next weeks, I'll be posting (hopefully) the project updates until hopefully, the project completion.

For phase 1, I have made steps for me to follow based on what I learned from school and from what my schedule can permit.

STEP 1: Assess the Space (will post pictures soon)

Step 2: Decide on a general theme, based on the majority of the items you have

STEP 3: Draw up a Floor Plan (that works best with the space and existing furniture and fixtures)

STEP 4: Execute the floor plan with the current items on hand (this will include taking care of the clutter and organizing stuff as well...it's nice to work with a clean palette)

STEP 5: Determine the most important items you need to purchase

STEP 6: Check the budget

STEP 7: Go to market

I'll end it with step 7 first and see how it goes from there.

Goal is to do a before and after with very little budget, recycling and up-cycling and creating a totally new look for the place.

Goodluck to me

No comments :

Post a Comment