Saturday, June 11, 2011

Home Project: Bath, Dresser and Vanity areas

We moved to my in-laws extra house in Paranaque.

They were really kind and nice enough to let us stay here and it really makes the kids happy to be able to roam around a larger space, play within a safe yet outdoor space in front of the house and have ample space to put each of our stuff.

I have been so busy with work and the best I could do is put things in place.

When put I mean, literally just putting them there but they still look cluttered!

So my goal is to fix areas one by one and I must admit, it's still a struggle.

I get home by 9pm on the average and on weekends, If I'm not at work on Saturdays, I spend the whole day with the kids or resting.

So when I put my schedule in order, I'll be fixing these (crossing my fingers its soon!)

The Bathroom Counter

IMG_1374
The bath and toilet area are separate which is nice!



IMG_1375
Seriously needs organizing

IMG_1376
and probably prettifying is the right word

The Dresser

IMG_1372
Oh yes, CLUTTER everywhere! But it does get fixed every other day, this was a hectic day

The Vanity Area

IMG_1371
A vintage dresser I got in Cubao X, I love it but I need to organize!

IMG_1370
I don't even want to say anything at this point

So there. I shall start with those areas because:

1. I won't get into an argument with the hubby because he wants nothing to do with it hehe
2. They're the easiest to manage, cheapest to dress-up and I already have ideas

So for some idea pegs, or rather, THE VISION WALL

THE BATHROOM COUNTER

Soap in apothecary jars
Saw this great idea in blogs like Daphne Osena Paez' and Manila Fashion Observer blogs. I've been wanting to get one, I just need to go visit Cubao X as they have awesome vintage jars there!

Plus, other sizes too to house and organize everything else.


THE DRESSER

In design school (oh yes, hard to believe I'm was an Interior Design) , I learned that you can mix and match to make an eclectic theme so long as you are looking at pieces that complement each other, whether if its modern or vintage.
Hat boxes! For Stationery, Keepsakes, Random Stuff

Photo frames and something in animal print for accent
A little vintage touch again to complement the nearby vanity area

THE VANITY AREA

Apart from placing some more of those lovely jars, I'd like a more country feel to it with a touch of modern accessories.

Hardbound books, mirrors, maybe not flowers but candles on vintage holders, etc
Tin cans to organize the shelf near the vanity table
I have always wanted to do this! Photo Frame wall!
And of course an accent chair!

My in-laws have an old chair which we've placed in the storage. It needs to be reupholstered but the wood framing is still very much in tact. 

That's my other project! I'll repaint it and re-do have someone do the upholstery.

Looks sort of like this
And I'm thinking of either a simple dainty floral swatch or something rad like this:

Ang bongga!
So there, wish me luck, I need it badly. hahaha

Small steps, baby steps!

Hope I can get it done soon. 

Here's to dreaming of fab spaces and lovely homes!

2 comments :

  1. Hi Ms. Tricia!
    I can see you're using the fragrances and lotion you got from us! Hope you like them =)
    We're a fan of your blog, too! =)
    -Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! Thanks for noticing! It's so messy in the room right now. :) But I love your fragrances! I'll be ordering soon (despite the shopping ban, because its a necessity! hehehe).

    ReplyDelete