Monday, June 13, 2011

Saving + DIY all the way

Image from Google

After reading the latest post from Ms. C of Chuvaness I felt empowered!

Seriously, I need to pool-in and save up for rainy stormy days ahead:
1. Big scheduled bills
2. Savings
3. Premium Health Insurance

and also, so that I won't feel the slump in terms of budget when Christmas season hits.




So here's the deal I made with myself:
1. No buying of anything that relates to I WANT, only what I NEED:
- Essential items for the home (Food and Supplies)
- School supplies only if needed for my daughter

2. No coming in to shops or malls - unless its for WORK (which means no spending still)


3. No going / dining out except for special occasions:
- Birthday of kids, hubby or immediate family
- Once a month date night with the hubby at the movies or dining out (dependent on schedule)
- Twice a month "pasyal" day for the babies in Timezone being their only request (max of 1,000 per day on games and snacks)

4. Special treats will only include the following because they are essential to me being able to work efficiently and represent:
- 1 morning Coffee
- 2x a month mani-pedi
- 2x a month home massage

I know I can do it because:

Image from Google

1. I can restyle and remix my wardrobe, shoes and accessories
2. I have ample supply of make-up and cosmetics for the next 6 months
3. DIY ALL THE WAY!
- I can make accessories, which I already do and have been "supposedly" good at (daw)
- I can upcycle so many things at home which I plan to do for my home project
- I can prepare food and snacks from the house - cheaper, healthier and definitely more convenient since I won't need to go out or order food (less temptation pa!)
- I can create SUNDAY AFTERNOONS playtime with the kids doing fun or artistic stuff at the house instead of going out

There are so many things on how I can save up but to keep myself sane, I'll just do without shopping for now (that includes online shopping!) and instead do with what I have and even go back to online selling! :)

I'll give myself 3 months and see how it goes!

Wishing myself luck hehe.

Cheers!

2 comments :

  1. me, too. i really need to save. must not go shopping for like a year. sana kayanin...=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. it's so hard!!! Seriously. I'm lucky to even not shop for a month! but yes, must restrain!

    ReplyDelete