Friday, February 4, 2011

Kuripot San

Looks like our office trip to Japan will push through. 4 days of learning the buying process for my brand's next line-up and update on collections would be exciting!

At the same time I'll miss my kids. I have rarely (one occasion only for an overnight stay for a team building session) not slept beside them. Laging parang may kulang and I can't seem to sleep properly.Nakakamiss also the milky scent of my 2 kids. :(

Until my colleague and I googled stuff in lieu of the trip and we found out winter! OMG.

First, I don't have any winter clothes except for my 2 trench/pea coats, a couple of thick leggings and tights and my scarves. YIKES.

Sabi ko, I'll buy the stuff if super sure (meaning na-book na ang tickets).

Mahirap na, where will I use the stuff? Here? sus, baka I might die of heat stroke.

Anyhoo, here are the things they said we should have:

1. Pairs of thermal top and bottoms - mahirap na daw maging ice cube, 550 a set in Greenhills
2. Boots (preferably flat and long) - having a hard time finding these. Ang mahal sa Aldo, nakakaguilty magspend ng over 3k sa shoes sa dami ng gastos...kainis
3. Thick coat - My friends offered to lend me a jacket or two, if I go on a spending rampage again, I might actually just buy one. hehe
4. Long sleeved tops - I have these thanks to Forever 21, pero ang nipis ng fabric nila. :(
5. A pair of gloves - sa Greenhills daw
6. Scarves - I have lots so this is good unless I see something nice but mura

Tapos my luggage is so busted so I need to buy a new one. Hay, ang gastos!

We're not rich, my husband and I are just starting out in life and we try as much as to never ask from our parents. If we do, as in lista yan (except for my dad, "sulat sa tubig!" as per his words, he never wants me to pay back, ayos! hahaha)

Thing is, its a business trip and corporate daw and based on what I've seen so far, Japanese are so fashionable. I think destination is Tokyo so double yikes!

So here's what I plan to wear (at may style concepts pang nalalaman, 4 days lang naman! hehe)

How nice! I have a brown peacoat. Boots nalang ang kulang!

I have similar top in white pero I feel I'll still freeze to death

I like this! But where will I wear it after? Unless I ask the office, pakitodo ang aircon please! hehehe

I have this in Lavender and Khaki so I'm good
Also an option
Ang hirap maging mommy. When I was single, I could buy most of the things that I wanted and needed without the guilt. Now, you have to prioritize wants only needed and only then can you buy stuff that you want. I'm still working on that concept. Mahirap because I can't follow that mantra all the time but at least I get to support my kids first.

I don't ask my husband for money to buy my personal things. We split the bill at the house and for the kids. I don't like not earning my own. So I really do all sorts of things like make accessories, buy and sell online, take on special projects so If I buy things for myself, I get it from there.

Not all of us are born into rich families. My parents are middle wage but they are very supportive and they have provided everything they can when we were growing up. Even if they had extra, they always made sure they still didn't splurge. I wish I can be as thrifty as them, well especially my mom.

Swerte ako, I am my lola's favorite so all my "luho" (not that big of a luho ha) growing up, she was the one who covered. But that's another story. :)

Domo Arigato.

No comments :

Post a Comment