Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To bounce or not to bounce

I never bought a baby bouncer. I have always feared the "shaken baby syndrome" and I felt that the stands (on the ones I usually see in malls) looked "unsteady" and not that sturdy (that it might break or snap anytime!).

What I did buy was a carrier that attaches to a rocking base (swings at one level only), it looked safer and I can use it to carry my newborn with more comfort and ease especially during the earlier periods and without the fear of shaking her.

But I'm puzzled how so many bouncers are available in the market and that a lot of people do buy them.


Courtesy of BabyBjörn

This type goes for about $115 in the US or roughly around Php7,750. But with importation fees here, it's going to cost almost 10k (or more) for sure.

There are also the ones in the Php3-5k range, the colorful ones you see in the malls from China, Australia and the US.

But how necessary is it to get a bouncer?

As per the brand's website:

BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance

Everyday balance… when you know that your child is happy and healthy, and at the same time are able to do everything that you need to get done.

For the child, rocking in the babysitter is both soothing and fun. When a child rocks and moves on his or her own in the babysitter, motor skills and balance are being refined in a natural way.

BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance was developed in close collaboration with pediatricians, and is the result of over 45 years of product development and experience.

BABYBJÖRN Babysitter Balance is easy to fold and take with you. It has three positions: play, rest and sleep. The fabric is machine-washable and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex Standard 100, class 1, in other words, guaranteed free from hazardous substances. Reversible fabric gives you four color schemes in one.


It's usually for the parents' convenience, as per looking at other brands' description. It's about keeping baby "occupied". I'm still "iffy". I know we're busy parents but I think little ones should be attended to regularly, I even watch my baby sleep (I may sound, yeah, neurotic, but I got scared of SIDS too, who won't be).

So maybe I'll consult the pedia for this since I never brought this up, until I saw a lot of these now in malls (more than what was out there before).

On other news:

I wish I looked this good (but I'm just thankful that my baby's congenital scan is A-Ok), but still...it pays to be in Hollywood


Claudia Schiffer
Bauer-Griffin


Love her coat/cardigan, but it will take me a year (or more) to knit one like this!
Claudia Schiffer
Jack/FilmMagic


AMANDA PEET photo | Amanda Peet
Amanda Peet
Matt Carr/Getty


Since I can't have the CELEB toned preggy body, I'd rather take on the style tip.

Knits!

I know it's SUMMER but there are nice knits (I found a lot at the Landmark Dept Store), which are light, stretchy and are actually cool enough to wear in this heat.

:)

No comments :

Post a Comment