Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pregnancy and Fashion



Banks /Splash News Online; Limelight; Swarbrick/INF

I'm running out of clothing options.

When you're getting bigger by the day, you also get more uncomfortable with tight fitting clothes, even pants and some leggings.

I'm looking to get some Maxi dresses. Although I doubt I can use them at the office, it's nice to wear them when you're just out shopping or strolling or running quick errands. They're comfy and summer ready!


I have extra jersey (and stretchy) fabrics in various prints that I'm looking to transform into maxi dresses, hopefully I can make at least one that this coming weekend and be successful at it. 


For the office, since I don't want REFUSE to buy maternity clothing especially for corporate clothes (I'm not expecting to have a third till my second is 3 or 4 years old). I'm looking at the following options (some I have already bought)

www.vivavintage.multiply.com
 

1. Cropped Jackets - since I can't close them anyway and longer jackets that aren't stretchy make me look bigger




http://www.mummyandlittleme.co.uk/images/Knitwear/creation_long_grey_cardigan.jpg
http://www.mummyandlittleme.co.uk

2. Cardigans - knitted ones to be exact. I got a couple from The Landmark Dept. Store in Makati. Priced very reasonably from Php300+ to Php400+ (not bad at all!). 

Tip: Fold knits, never hang





http://snagwiremedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/lindsay-lohan-leggings.jpg
http://snagwiremedia.com

3. Leggings - lots and lots of black and some brown and gray ones. I don't like the cotton ones as they fray and scrunch up at the back of the knees. Best place to buy? Head on to any department store's hosiery section and ask for FOOTLESS TIGHTS. They're cheap, can stand more than 10 times of washing and use (please handwash) and the material is thicker than your regular stockings and much more flattering for your legs (especially if they're getting big because you're almost due in a few months!). Price ranges from Php150-180 dependent on the brand.   

Tip: Ask the sales lady to show you all the options and compare materials check how tight or flexible the waist bands are






4. Tunics - Long cotton, stretchy tops and mini dresses I can wear over leggings. I love the choices at the 3rd (or is it 4th) floor of Glorietta (just above The Ramp). Go to GET LAUD! and look at they're selections. I initially went there to go the Having A Baby (I bought a fab support belt which I'll blog about later on) but I just didn't like the selections of maternity wear. So there. Price ranges are Php300+ to Php400+ and you can wear them after you give birth!  

Tip: ask for all available colors. They don't display all the colors. The sales ladies will be more than happy to help and even suggest. They are quite nice. Then beside, check out the flat selections at SHOE BOX.
  
I love that there are already so many affordable choices in the market for clothing and that the styles are quite flexible enough.



 

No comments :

Post a Comment