Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Story of Skin

I'm always on the look out for either organic or natural products. Given this age and time and considering how weird the weather gets each year, not to mention all the illnesses that come and go, It's better to be safe than sorry.

I've recently blogged about BY NATURE (website - CLICK HERE!)and I'm still using their products (I love it!) but it's nice to have a couple of options here and there depending on your mood for the day.

So I'm quite happy to have stumbled upon LEYENDE's website since I've been a little bit lazy to go out. I have known Neva (I love her and how she has been so successful in making and marketing her wonderful products, not to mention her humanitarian activities!) since the time I started joining the bazaar circuit courtesy of Sandy of The Reading Room (one of my life's biggest influences). But I've only recently tried Leyende and I'm glad I finally did.




PLACE IN THE SUN FACE SUNBLOCK SPF30

50ML
*paraben-free
*recommended for: all skin types (even sensitive skin)
*no white cast; no greasiness
*tinosorb: effective, natural-based sunblock agent against UVA/UVB rays
*vitamin c and vitamin b3
*organic aloe vera infusion: soothes sun-exposed skin; humectant
*virgin coconut oil: cleansing properties; high lauric acid content
(skin nutrient and conditioner)
*organic calendula extract: soothes sensitive skin
deionized aqua, infusion of rosemary and calendula (marigold), organic shea butter, organic sweet almond oil, virgin coconut oil, tinosorb, vit. E, vit. C, vit. B3, organic calendula & aloe extract, grapeseed extract,
PHP 400 / $ 15.00

*I love this because there is no heavy sunblock smell plus it's quite light and doesn't give you that icky, sticky feeling you get from normal sunblocks


MOTHER BUTTER COCOA BUTTER LOTION

260mL
*no mineral oil
*no petroleum by-products
*paraben-free
*natural good-enough-to-eat chocolate scent from cocoa butter
*recommended for: dry skin; stretched skin (esp. for pregnant women)
*organic unrefined cocoa butter: anti-oxidant; polyphenol-rich; very moisturizing
organic cocoa butter, superfatted organic chocolate extract,  organic sweet almond oil, deionized aqua, plant-derived stearate, vit. c, vit. B3, a-tocopherol (vit. e), orris root extract, vanilla extract,
PHP 450.00 / $13.00

*I love this because it's not heavy and sticky as well. It feels light on the skin, the cocoa scent is not heavy, it's rather YUMMY and leaves your skin moisturized. Since I have a growing belly, it also eliminates the "itchies" thus preventing more stretchmarks (oh yes, I still have some since my first pregnancy and I am now on the look out for a remedy without having to get a tummy tuck!)

LEYENDE HAND-CRAFTED SOAP 
BARS


LEYENDE HAND-CRAFTED SOAP BARS

(Bringing up baby variant)

approximately 110g
*paraben-free
*recommended for: all skin types (except for Clouds in My Coffee)
*creamy and lathery
*non-drying
*organic sweet almond oil base
*cold-processed and properly cured for one month
*natural plant coloring: alkanet root, spirulina, orris root
organic sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, virgin coconut oil, palm wax, deionized water, sodium hydroxide, calendula ext, vit e, natural plant extracts added during the trace stage (e.g. wild honey, tearose, etc.)
variants:
-Once Bitten chocolate soap: raw organic Brazilian chocolate (cacao)
-Mild World chlorine-cleansing bar : jojoba oil and coconut extract (temporarily out of stock variant)
-Bringing Up Baby mild infant soap: tearose and organic calendula extract
-O’Hara lavender soap: true lavender extract and organic coconut oil
-Clouds in My Coffee exfoliating soap: barako coffee granules and organic sweet almond oil
PHP 185.00 / $6.00

*I got the Bringing up baby variant as I love using baby soaps instead of beauty soaps. I like that it doesn't dry up the skin and even moisturizes it. It has this fresh, natural scent that I like. It doesn't leave you with that regular soap scent but I like it because I find that my lotion or cologne of choice's scent sticks to my skin better and longer.


I'm looking forward to try more of Leyende's Products. I also really like how they offer meet-ups in several locations in Makati and that they have a good number of locations. When you order online, they respond very promptly.

To know where they are available: CLICK HERE

You won't be disappointed and will keep coming back for more!

No comments :

Post a Comment