Wednesday, November 9, 2011

BEATEN UP BY VEET

READ: NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT EVER!!!

Lesson learned: Always research on ANY product, specifically cosmetics, for user feedback and experience online.


I used a different wax strip brand before but I couldn't find it so I settled for this, thinking its a well known brand, it should work fine.




I'm used to waxing my upper lip and never had a problem before.

UNTIL YESTERDAY!

I followed the instructions very carefully.
Did a strip test on my upper leg and no pain, blotches or anything but maybe because hair or skin was tougher? I don't know.

But when I did my upper lip, after the 2 times of stripping the left and right areas, I felt a really painful sting.

It has never happened to me with the other product before (DIY) nor in any waxing salons previously.

Apart from the very unusual sting, it was the BURNING and SWELLING!

Woke up this next morning and there were light pink patches.

Later today, skin was still feeling inflamed and beginning to feel dry.

Tonight, it's dried up below the nose and at the sides, BROWN PATCHES and IT STILL HURTS.

Researched in google and found SO MANY COMPLAINTS, I don't need to publish the links because they will pop-up on your first search.

I HATE THIS PRODUCT!

I have never been so furious about a product.

This should be banned.

It's not the stripping pain, again, my skin is very used to it.

It's the chemical make-up of the product that really really (REALLY) ticks me off.

Everyone in most threads I read have the same problem.

Now I have to wait it out for a week or two and see if it clears.

If not then I have to go to the derma (I'm already busy as it is!)

So WARNING TO ALL: NEVER EVER USE VEET strips or other products

Check the web. Even their other products have a lot of complaints.

Go to a salon instead or get non-chemical based brands.

Feel free to pass this on.

No comments :

Post a Comment