Monday, March 26, 2012

Tech Tips: iPhone Apps

So what's a mom to do in between (if there's by any chance to have at all...time to kill!).

MOST USEFUL APPS FOR ME:



1. Viber - Free SMS and Free Calls

If you're on unlimited data plan on your iPhone then this is a great app. So long as the signal's good, call and message from a phone with Viber anywhere in the world. Works over wifi too.



2. Instagram - A fun way of sharing pictures and making nice vintage textures on them too

Uploads on your phone and on different social media sites like Twitter and FB too. Get to see the world through your friend's camera and yours too (I'm mommygtm on Instagram)








3. Draw Something - Games to kill time and poke fun at yourself and your friends' drawings

When I can't get any sleep or I'm waiting, It's a fun app but relies on data plan or wifi
The free version has a lot of ads and the one for $0.99 rids the app of those. I just took the free version for now



4. Skype - When I'm away and I miss my kids

Since its available in PC, Mac, iPhone and other devices, it's a great way to see my kids real time when I'm away on a trip. Works over both data plan and wifi



5. Flex Player - to play movies and various different files non-iOS Supported

On trips or long waiting periods, it's nice to load up on certain movies or season episodes. This is good for windows based video files or other video files not usually supported on iOS.

Moms can be techie too you know.

Cheers

No comments :

Post a Comment