Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Hook: The Hunger Games

Ok, I usually never watch the movie then read the book.
It's always been the other way around and I end up usually criticizing the movie for wrong details, missed out (important) parts and/or scenes and the rest of the things in my opinion (ikaw na and maging director..hahaha).

Harry Potter was the series I made sure I read from Book 1 till the end before I watch any of it on film, same with Twilight.

This however, is a surprisingly refreshing way of doing it.

THE HUNGER GAMES


I watched the movie, thought it was, really OK. 4 out of 5 stars. Bought the 3 books, then almost half way through book 1, my rating is at a 2.5 out of 5 for the movie and 5 out of 5 for the book of course.


WHY YOU SAY?

1. I'm just half way through the book and noticed that they have missed out on certain characters and important scene details already

2. There were distorted representations of some incidents in the book to the movie - I won't be a spoiler so best you find it by yourself later but for me, the part at the beginning before they reached the Capitol was an important part they shouldn't have taken out

3. The feelings between the 3 main characters weren't as felt in the movie as it was on the book

But in all fairness, the colors, set and costume design, characters were well represented over-all


I also never knew Lenny Kravitz could play Cinna quite well!

From the rocker

To the stylist with the gold eyeliner
Images courtesy of Google and  www.hungergamesmovie.org


Go read the book!

The 3-book-series is available in a paper back at National Bookstore branches for 995
(Best to call the branches as some are sold out already)
Got mine in Sucat Road, National Bookstore Shopwise branch


No comments :

Post a Comment