Sunday, May 27, 2012

Diversion Tactics

The only break I have nowadays is an hour or two before sleep and that includes mommy duties if I am fortunate to catch my kids awake when I get home.

Work is in hyper mode, multi-tasking definitely required, its exciting yet very stressful. Everything is urgent, I can't even begin to describe.

Of recent, I get a break by watching some TV series episodes and I'm currently hooked on the following:

1. REVENGE

So Chic!

The twists and plots are nicely written and portrayed. I love it and I can't wait for the next season!
I love their fashion sense too, especially the heroine Emily/Amanda played by Emily VanCamp.


2. GAME OF THRONES



If you haven't read the books (I just started), then the series is very well made according to the books. And yes, I am still not over the Hunger Games movie deviating from the book.

Anyhoo, it's not your typical modern series, literally. More like Lord of the Rings only bloodier (lol). Expect a lot of nude scenes so definitely not for the kids. Warfare in medieval times, I love it anyway.

I can't wait to see her with her grown dragons, I hope they toast Joffrey

3. ONCE UPON A TIME



Fairy tales explained, I think. But how it's made to fuse with our modern world is not your typical Disney twist. It's quite nice and has good lessons to be learned from. 

I like how they pace each episode going from present to past then back again. 

I am following more than one show and all of them except for Game of Thrones has episodes showing. BOOHOO!

I can't wait for September so I can watch my faves again. I just hate that they cancelled the Secret Circle.

The other shows you may want to consider:

4. Grey's Anatomy - my all time favorite but the original cast roster is getting chopped off each season!
5. Grimm - a more action packed and morbid version of Once Upon A Time
6. Gossip Girl - though I'm really getting tired of Serena's character
7. Glee - now that the seniors have graduated, what next?

So there you have it. Now, back to regular programming, I have work tomorrow. @_@

Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment